Sunday, October 6, 2019

Waterfalls, Quilts and Autumn Farms in Oregon

Our third Volunteer Season at Silver Falls is flying by.  Terry has been busy helping clear out 40 years of unused stuff in the park.  He has trucked many loads to the Surplus Depot in Salem.  He also transports and picks up equipment for repairs and re-location.  When I see him driving the big truck with that long trailer loaded down and secured I know he is where he needs to be!

  I'm hosting in the Lodge 2 days a week and helping people plan their hikes to the Falls.  It makes my day when someone returns to tell me what a great time they had.  I've started hiking the South Falls Loop after work.  The late afternoon light is beautiful!



This is one of 4 falls you can walk behind.  In the backyard of the Lodge I walk the wooded Rim Trail some days.  It's wonderful all the time!


I love visiting my sister, Jane, most weekends.  Last weekend we went to the Portland Quilt Show.  It was fantastic!  Look at this photo from my favorite quilt and also one of the first place quilts.




The farmers are busy around us putting in winter crops.  They burn off the wheat fields in early September and re-plant soon after.  The new green sprouting through the black is amazing.



Other fields are just being plowed for winter crops.  The fall rains have started so it is time to plant.



We will leave here on October 31 to return to sunny Arizona.  What a contrast from the moss covered forest we live in here!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment